This recipe produces 500g of body cream, for a smaller quantity half the recipe.
- 400ml roman chamomile floral water
- 40g mango seed butter
- 40g of emulsifying wax
- 20ml of organic rose hip oil
- 20ml of organic jojoba oil
- 20ml of camellia oil
- 20ml borage oil
- 3 teaspoons of vegetable glycerine
- 40 drops each of doterracitrus blend and sweet orange essential oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons of grapefruit seed extract
1. Combine mango butter, emulsifying wax, rose hip oil, jojoba oil, camellia oils and borage oils together and heat over a double boiler or water bath.
2. Warm theroman chamomile floral water and glycerine together to the same temperature as the wax/oil mixture over a separate double boiler.
3. Once both concoctions are heated to the same temperature slowly pour the oil/wax ingredients to the water mixture whilst stirring vigorously to ensure emulsion.
4. Allow mixture to cool, then add the grapefruit seed extract as a preservative and essential oils for desired fragrance.
5. Place body cream in amber coloured glass container.
6. Apply after shower or as often as required